The Partnership for America’s Children is seeking a one-year Fellow to work in its DC office. The Partnership for America’s Children’s mission is to support its network of state and community child organizations in effective advocacy. The Partnership connects its members to peer expertise and national resources and facilitates interstate collaborations to deepen the level of impact of child advocacy within and across states. It fosters policy expertise, advocacy skills, and strong organizations. The Partnership is a new organization, and this fellowship will offer exposure to a wide range of policy topics, skills and activities.
- College degree with strong academic background.
- Demonstrated interest in policies affecting the lives of vulnerable children and families.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work independently, meet deadlines and manage competing priorities.
- Computer literate and technologically/web savvy. HTML and website ontent management skills (Drupal a plus); familiar with social media strategy and execution.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong writing, editing, and oral communication skills.
- Flexibility, initiative, and a willingness to tackle new projects as they arise.
- Citizen or authorized to work in the US (the Partnership cannot provide immigration support).
Duties and Responsibilities
Additional responsibilities will be identified as the organization undertakes new activities.
- Reviewing policy materials from members; analyzing members’ agendas; identifying trends and developing issues.
- Analyzing and tabulating results of annual member survey.
- Drafting website and newsletter content; managing website and social media.
- Coordinating and managing electronic mailing lists, list servs, and e-mail communications.
- Scheduling and staffing webinars and conference calls.
- Tracking members’ participation in Partnership activities.
- Researching funder prospects.
- Updating member and staff records.
- Administrative support for at least two meetings a year.
- Other duties as assigned.
Competitive salary, with health care benefits.
Send resume, cover letter, and writing sample (no more than five pages) to: dstein[at]4americaschildren.org . No phone calls, please.
The position is available immediately. The Partnership will accept applications until June 21, 2016 and until the position is filled, whichever comes later.
The Partnership is firmly committed to a policy against discrimination based on race, color, national origin, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, parental status, socioeconomic background, or any other classification protected by applicable law.